So, you think your life is running pretty smoothly, huh? Why would you even want to consider becoming more organized- you have this all under control? However, being organized is a requirement to ensure more happiness and less stress. Believe it or not, once you have a system in place, much of your stress (if not all of it) will be eliminated because the pressure will be off. This will lead to you actually being in a good mood most of the day.
- Being organized will bring balance to your life. You’ll have more time to spend with your family (or doing things for yourself) instead of having to spend all of your time on things such as shopping or looking for things.
- Being organized will help you save lots of money. For example, when you have to run out shopping for a gift or for groceries at the last minute, you’re not likely to catch them on sale. However, if you plan ahead, you can shop sales. This especially works great during Christmas and for birthday shopping. When you make a list, you can start shopping early, and therefore, you’ll be in a better position to save some cash.
- Being organized makes you a much more productive person- not just professionally, but also personally. Being organized keeps you focused, which means you can get more done in a shorter amount of time. You’re better able to manage your time and put your daily tasks in order of priority. Therefore, you can get more done during the day and sleep better at night because you know without a doubt that you were able to get everything done that was necessary.
- Being organized helps you to rid your life and your home of clutter. The truth is, most of us really have too much stuff- and we’re constantly going out and buying more. When you take the time to organize your home (more on that later), you’ll find yourself getting rid of lots of your stuff- which will create more space and neatness in your home.
- Being organized helps you to put your focus on the big picture. This will help to make some room in your life for the important things.
- Being organized helps you to set and achieve short-term and long-term goals for yourself. When you take some time to set your goals and make “to do” lists to achieve those goals, you’ll find yourself reaching your milestones which will help you to stay motivated to achieve your ultimate goal.